After attending a brief Microsoft Power BI demo provided by Imaginet, Gary and Mike Fisch of Gary’s Wine & Marketplace quickly saw the value of Power BI and the critical business insights that could be instantly gleaned from their sales, product, and customer data residing deep in the database of their Point of Sale (POS) system.
Gary’s Wine & Marketplace immediately partnered with Imaginet and leveraged Imaginet’s 10-Day Power BI Quick Start to jump-start their Power BI initiative. As part of this Quick Start, Imaginet worked quickly to configure the required software components, including a data warehouse in SQL Azure, Azure Data Factory to pull the data out of the POS system, and the initial Power BI data model(s) and reports.
In just 10 days, Imaginet was able to create Power BI dashboards and reports that provided business insights that Gary’s Wine & Marketplace never had before, including:
- Top Customers by Store and by Category
- Customer Count by Store and Source (in-store vs. online)
- Customer Purchase History by Source, Location, and Category
- Instant Sales Comparisons Over Time
- Private Label % of Total Sales
- Sales by Time of Day (to identify peak and lull times)
Total Duration: 10 days
- Instant, self-service business intelligence dashboards for accurate decision making
- Access to new business insights and data trends never experienced before
- Faster and improved business decision making overall
Power BI reports help our team make smarter purchasing, merchandising, and marketing decisions. Imaginet was instrumental in setting up the data integrations needed to facilitate our reporting.GARY FISCH, CEO, Gary's Wine & Marketplace
We are a national retail chain that leverages different POS systems for our West Coast and East Coast locations. Imaginet helped us bring our POS data from Comcash and WinePOS into a single Azure Data Warehouse, allowing us to run reports company-wide in Power BI despite having two different POS systems. Kyle and Mike are highly capable and responsive. I am impressed by their ability to synthesize information and advise us on the best approach or architecture for a particular technology project. With Imaginet as a technology partner, we feel well-equipped to navigate all of our data, reporting, and integration needs in a constantly changing technology landscape.MIKE FISCH, Director of Innovation, Gary's Wine & Marketplace