This insurance company required consolidation and migration of their content from two legacy portals to SharePoint Online.
Imaginet led this client through a complex task of consolidating and migrating content to SharePoint Online. Imaginet executed a Portal Transition Planning Quickstart that included a Strategy Briefing Session, an Architecture Briefing session, and a current state analysis of both environments.
Imaginet then developed a 3-phase migration strategy including a standardized security approach, operational governance, and site ownerships of the environment. A Developer Plan was assembled to build an integrated site taxonomy with a consistent look and feel throughout the entire solution. Imaginet also built the Policy Acknowledgement system with notifications and dashboards for Managers, HR, and Legal departments.
- Implementation – Phase 1:
Migrated Legacy SharePoint to newest version of SharePoint
Deployed Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) to enable single sign-on
- Implementation – Phase 2:
Created all WebSphere content and applications on the new SharePoint Platform
Merged Onboard and SharePoint content together with main page navigation
- Implementation – Phase 3:
Federated with Office 365 authentication services
Used 3rd party tooling to migrate all content, including version history, comments, custom columns, and content types.
Total Duration: 1 year
- Thousands of dollars in saving for licensing, maintenance, and administration expenses
- Increased productivity and visibility for Managers, HR, and Legal via SharePoint’s new notifications and dashboards
- Easier administration and maintenance with the new integrated site taxonomy
- Unified Experience with the new standardized look-and-feel
- Enhanced Policy Acknowledgement system for all staff in SharePoint